- 1 lb lard
- 5 12 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 1 egg
- 78 cup water
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- Cut lard into 4 cups of flour.
- The secret to making great pastry is to cut the lard in very fine, until it looks like pea meal.
- Mix in the rest of the dry ingredients and flour.
- In a glass measuring cup, beat egg and vinegar well.
- Add water to one cup mark.
- Pour into a well in dry ingredients.
- Mix well.
- Form into patties, and roll out as for pie dough.
- Use in pie recipes as normal.