- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups hot chicken stock
- Salt and pepper
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 can (1 lb.) pink salmon, undrained
- 1/4 cup cream
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 lb. spaghetti, cooked
- 1 cup cheese, grated, mixed with
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- Make sauce with half the butter, the flour and chicken stock.
- Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Add wine and the liquid from the salmon, and simmer over a low heat for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the cream and adjust the seasonings.
- Saute the mushrooms in the last 1/2 cup of butter and add to the sauce.
- Mix half the sauce with the spaghetti and put into a greased shallow casserole dish.
- Flake the salmon; mix with the remaining sauce and pour over the spaghetti.
- Sprinkle with cheese and breadcrumb mixture and cook at 180C (350F) for 20 minutes or until well browned.