dried lentils water tomatoes onion garlic stalks celery carrots oregano bay leaves salt black pepper olive oil red wine vinegarViewed: 19 - Published at: 6 years ago
- 2 cups dried lentils
- 5 cups water (add more if you want it more liquidy)
- 12 cup of finely diced tomatoes (optional)
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 small garlic clove, finely diced
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano (optional, if you added tomatoes)
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 14 cup olive oil
- 14 cup red wine vinegar
- Add the lentils, water, salt and bay leaves in a heavy-bottom pot and bring to boil on medium heat.
- When water boils, lower temperature and add the rest of the ingredients, except the red wine vinegar and olive oil.
- Heat semi-covered for 1.5 hours, mixing occasionally (be careful, lentils sometimes stick on the bottom of the pot).
- Add the vinegar and olive oil, mix, and heat uncovered for 10 more minutes.
- Your soup should be done.