vegetable oil weight Mushrooms yellow onion ground turkey ketchup BBQ sauce apple cider vinegar Worcestershire sauce chili powder garlic cayenne pepper salt hamburgerViewed: 30 - Published at: 8 years ago
- 2 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil Or As Needed
- 5 ounces, weight Mushrooms (cleaned And Cut Thin)
- 1/2 whole Medium Yellow Onion, Diced
- 1/2 pounds Ground Turkey
- 1/4 cups Ketchup
- 1/2 Tablespoons Mustard (I Used Spicy Brown)
- 1- 1/2 Tablespoon BBQ Sauce
- 1/4 teaspoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/4 teaspoons Chili Powder
- 1/4 teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 18 teaspoons Cayenne Pepper
- Salt And Pepper, to taste
- 2 whole Hamburger Buns
- Heat about 1-2 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a saucepan over medium low heat.
- Add the mushrooms.
- Cook them with the lid on for about 9 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer to a food processor and pulse until finely ground.
- In the same saucepan (add a little more oil if needed), over medium low heat, combine the minced mushrooms and onions.
- Saute until onions are nice and soft and then add the ground turkey.
- As it cooks, break up the turkey.
- After a few minutes add all of the remaining ingredients (except the buns).
- Continue to cook until the turkey is browned and no longer pink.
- Spoon mixture onto buns and top with shredded cheddar cheese, if desired.
- (Recipe adapted from Pass The Sushi, who in turn adapted it from Americas Test Kitchen.)