extra-virgin olive oil eggplant garlic sweet red pepper fresh egg linguine warm red pepper Ricotta cheese fresh basil salt nuts Parmesan cheeseViewed: 22 - Published at: 2 years ago
- 1/3 c. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 c. peeled, diced, salted and liquid removed eggplant
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 sweet red pepper, roasted, peeled and julienned
- 4 ounce. fresh egg linguine
- 1/4 teaspoon warm red pepper flakes
- 1/3 c. Ricotta cheese
- 2 tbsp. julienned fresh basil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp. toasted pine nuts
- 2 tbsp. Parmesan cheese
- Put oil in saute/fry pan over medium high heat.
- Add in eggplant; saute/fry 3-4 min.
- Add in garlic and sweet red pepper; saute/fry 2-3 min.
- At this point, drop the linguine into kettle of boiling salted water for 1-3 min and cook till al dente.
- Add in red pepper flakes, Ricotta and basil to eggplant mix.
- Drain linguine and add in to eggplant mix; toss to coat pasta with the oil from eggplant mix.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer to plate and garnish with pine nuts and Parmesan.
- Makes 1 serving.