peppers rice water ground beef onion tomatoes tomatoes ground black pepper salt cinnamon Mozzarella cheeseViewed: 19 - Published at: 8 months ago
- 4 large peppers
- 1 cup rice
- 2 cup water
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 tomatoes cut up
- 1 can large crushed tomatoes
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil.
- While water is coming to a boil, wash your peppers and cut off the tops.
- Clean out the inside of them until all the seeds are out and they are nice and clean.
- Put them into boiling water and cook until parboiled, they need to still be firm, not soft at all.
- When done drain and set aside.
- In a large fry pan boil the water then add the rice cover once it comes to a boil, then simmer and cover with lid.
- (You can use instant rice if you like.
- Just add it to the meat when I tell you to add the rice) cook for about 10 to15 minutes.
- If water is gone or very little left put rice in strainer and let sit.
- Wipe out the fry pan, put in your meat and onions and cook on med high until brown, stirring frequently.
- Once meat and onion brown strain any grease from the pan.
- Add the rice and the tomatoes, stir until mixed well.
- Add the pepper, salt , and cinnamon mix the spices very good into the meat and rice mixture, let simmer a few minutes.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 Get an 8x8 pan(I recommend ceramic or glass) put a little of the juices and mix on the bottom of the pan.
- Fill your peppers with the mix and place in the pan, put the tops on the peppers.
- Cover with aluminum foil.
- Cook for 40 minutes.
- Take out of oven tilt the tops so you can see the mixture inside the peppers.
- Put the grated cheese on top of each pepper.
- Cover and place back in the oven for 10 more minutes.
- Take out and serve.