ground turkey olive oil yellow onion Anaheim chili pepper garlic tomato paste tomatoes kidney beans corn chili seasoning mixViewed: 4 - Published at: a year ago
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 anaheim chili, seeded and diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (3 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 2 ears white corn
- 2 (1 1/2 ounce) packages chili seasoning mix (or ideally, Carroll Shelby's Chili Kit)
- 16 ounces beer (such as Newcastle Brown Ale)
- In a Dutch Oven, on medium high heat, add the olive oil to evenly coat the bottom.
- Add the onions, garlic, peppers, and ground turkey, and stir frequently until meat is no longer pink, about 8 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste, diced tomatoes, beer, and chili seasoning kit, and stir well, bringing the mixture to a boil.
- Lower the heat to medium-low, and let simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, slice the kernels of corn off the 2 ears and set aside, and drain the can of kidney beans.
- After chili has simmered for the 15 minutes, add the corn and beans, and cover the pot.
- Let simmer for at least 15 minutes longer (45 minutes longer is ideal).