- 2-1/2 cup warm water
- 2 cups whole-wheat pastry flour
- 2 tbsp. oat bran
- 2 tbsp. molasses
- 1 tbsp. active dry yeast
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl.
- Stir with a spoon not more than fifty times, or until smooth.
- The batter will be thin, but will thicken as it stands.
- Cover the bowl with a towel and place it in a warm place for 30 to 45 minutes, or until the batter bubbly and thick.
- Bake in a nonstick waffle iron on low heat, 5 to 7 minutes.
- (The iron can be seasoned lightly with liquid lecithin or oil, if necessary.