onion olive oil yellow squash garlic Coriander cumin curry powder tomatoes black beans veggie chicken riceViewed: 29 - Published at: 8 years ago
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 yellow squash, sliced
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 15 ounces petite diced tomatoes, undrained
- 15 ounces black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup veggie chicken or 1 cup beef stock
- 1 12 cups uncooked rice
- Prepare rice.
- While rice is cooking, saute onion in olive oil in a large saucepan until it softens.
- Add yellow squash.
- Saute until squash softens and add garlic.
- Saute for 1-2 minutes until garlic is fragrant and add spices.
- Add undrained tomatoes, black beans and stock.
- Heat to boil and then lower and simmer until rice is done cooking.