- 3 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 1 (16 ounce) can navy beans, well rinsed and drained
- 12 ounces elbow macaroni, uncooked
- 14 cup parmesan cheese, grated (Romano may be substituted)
- Heat spaghetti sauce and celery over medium heat until it starts to boil, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat and simmer five to seven minutes or until celery is crisp tender.
- Stir beans into sauce.
- Cook until beans are heated through; keep hot.
- Meanwhile cook pasta as package directs; drain water.
- Toss the sauce with beans on the pasta.
- Top with cheese.