- 2 cups scallions, spring or green onions chopped
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce, tamari
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 5 teaspoons allspice ground
- 3 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 2 each bay leaves
- 2 each garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon thyme crumbled
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 5 pounds chicken parts
- Make the marinade: In a food processor or blender puree the scallion, the 2 chilies, the soy sauce, the lime juice, the allspice, the mustard, the bay leaves, the garlic, the salt, the sugar, the thyme and the cinnamon.
- Divide the chicken parts between 2 heavy-duty resealable plastic bags and spoon the marinade over them, coating them well.
- Seal the bags, pressing out the excess air, and let the chicken marinate, chilled, turning the bags over several times, for at least 24 hours and up to 2 days.
- On an oiled rack set 4 to 6 inches over glowing coals grill the chicken, in batches if necessary and covered if possible, for 10 to 15 minutes on each side, or until it is cooked through.
- Transfer the chicken as it is cooked with tongs to a heated platter, keep it warm, covered loosely with foil, and garnish the platter with the additional chilies.