- 2 Eggplant
- 1/4 Onion
- 1 Japanese leek
- 2 leaves Green shiso leaves
- 100 grams Ground pork
- 1/2 Egg
- 1/2 tbsp Katakuriko
- 1 Salt and Pepper
- 3 tbsp Storebought yakiniku sauce
- Mince the onion and leek.
- Add in the ingredients and knead together (the picture shows the recipe doubled).
- Slice the eggplant into 5mm thick rounds.
- Coat lightly with katakuriko (not listed).
- Sandwich the pork stuffing from step 2 between two eggplant slices (the filling layer should be about 5mm thick).
- Fry the sandwiched rounds in an oiled pan.
- When one side has browned, gently flip to cook the other side.
- Cook the other side by covering the pan with a lid and steaming for about 5 minutes over low heat.
- Drizzle with yakiniku sauce to finish.
- If you like, sprinkle with shichimi spice or garnish with Japanese mustard.
- If you have leftover filling, just fry it up and season with the yakiniku sauce.