hamburger breadcrumbs milk onions Worcestershire sauce egg salt brown sugar cornstarch pineapple soy sauce green pepper vinegar rice water butter saltViewed: 7 - Published at: 2 years ago
- 1 lb hamburger
- 12 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 14 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons onions, Chopped
- 12 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 (13 1/4 ounce) can pineapple chunks
- 1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- 34 cup green pepper, Chopped
- 13 cup vinegar
- 1 cup rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 12 teaspoon salt
- Chop the onion into very small pieces.
- Combine the first 7 ingredients to make the meatballs; mix thoroughly.
- Shape into 20 1 1/2 inch balls.
- Cook over medium heat, turning occasionally.
- Cook until brown about 20 minutes.
- Remove meatballs from skillet; drain fat.
- Repeat until all of the meatballs have been cooked.
- Mix the brown sugar and cornstarch in skillet.
- Stir in pineapple (with syrup), vinegar, and soy sauce.
- Heat to boiling; stirring constantly; reduce heat.
- Add meatballs.
- Cover; simmer, stir occasionally, 10 minutes.
- In another pan, boil 1 cup water.
- Add the butter, rice and salt.
- Cover and reduce heat; simmer 15 minutes or until all of the water is absorbed.
- Stir the green peppers into the sauce mixture.
- Cover, simmer until green peppers are tender crisp, approximately 5 minutes.
- Serve over cooked rice.