anchovy fillets olive paste garlic basil salt extra-virgin olive oil Swordfish couscous boiling water tomatoes scallions lemon quarters basilViewed: 15 - Published at: 6 years ago
- 1 can anchovy fillets
- 2 tablespoons olive paste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup basil leaves
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil (basil-flavored if available)
- 4 1-inch swordfish steaks, about 6 ounces each (marlin or shark may be substituted)
- 1 1/2 cups couscous
- 3 cups boiling water
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, chopped
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 4 lemon quarters
- Basil sprigs
- Combine the anchovies, olive paste, garlic, half the basil leaves, salt and pepper with the olive oil.
- Mash together with a mortar and pestle until you have a paste.
- (Or use a blender.)
- Spread the anchovy mixture over the fish on both sides.
- Pour the couscous into a bowl, and add the boiling water.
- Fluff it with a fork and cool.
- Add the sun-dried tomatoes and scallions, and mix well.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Preheat grill.
- Grill the steaks for three to four minutes on each side, or until they are cooked to your liking.
- Meanwhile, snip the remaining basil leaves with scissors and stir them into the couscous.
- Garnish the fish with lemon quarters and basil sprigs.
- Serve, passing the couscous separately.