soy sauce ground turmeric firm tofu fresh shiitake mushrooms light coconut milk Red Curry smooth peanut butter brown sugar lemon juice saltViewed: 46 - Published at: 2 years ago
- 3 Tbs. low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp. ground turmeric
- 1 10-oz. pkg. firm tofu, drained and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 oz. fresh shiitake mushrooms, stems removed (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 3/4 cup light coconut milk
- 1 tsp. red curry paste, or to taste
- 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 2 Tbs. brown sugar or raw sugar
- 1 Tbs. lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- To make Satay: Whisk together soy sauce and turmeric in large container.
- Add tofu and mushrooms, and toss to coat.
- Cover, and marinate 30 minutes at room temperature, or refrigerate overnight, stirring occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 400F, and coat baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Drain tofu and mushrooms, discarding marinade, and thread on to 6 skewers.
- Spray with cooking spray.
- Place on prepared pan, and bake 20 minutes.
- Turn, and bake 20 minutes more, or until browned.
- To make Peanut Sauce: Whisk together coconut milk and red curry paste in saucepan.
- Whisk in peanut butter until smooth.
- Stir in sugar, lemon juice and salt, and bring to a simmer.
- Reduce heat to low, and cook 5 minutes, or until thickened, stirring often.
- Place skewers on serving plate, and drizzle with sauce.
- Pass remaining sauce at table for dipping.