- 2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cloves Garlic, Thinly Sliced
- 1/4 teaspoons Red Chili Flakes
- 1 teaspoon Fresh Lemon Zest
- 6 ounces, weight Whole Wheat Pasta (spaghetti Or Angel Hair Would Work Best)
- 3 ounces, weight Baby Arugula
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 pinch Pepper
- Juice Of Half A Lemon
- 1/4 cups Walnuts, Toasted And Roughly Chopped
- Freshly Grated Parmesan, For Serving
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and red chili flakes.
- Cook for about 10 minutes, adjusting the heat as necessary, until the garlic is just lightly browned and the oil is infused.
- Stir in the lemon zest and remove from the heat.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in salted water until al dente.
- While the pasta is cooking, place the arugula in a large bowl.
- Drain the pasta and immediately pour it over the arugula.
- Add the infused oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Toss until some of the arugula is just slightly wilted and then add the lemon juice.
- Serve topped with the walnuts and a sprinkling of Parmesan.
- Recipe loosely adapted from Shutterbean