- 2 12 cups breadcrumbs, regular
- 12 cup melted butter
- 1 (12 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 3 (15 ounce) cans cut green beans, drained
- 14 teaspoon salt
- 14 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup (low-sodium)
- 1 cup milk
- 12 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs and butter; place half the mixture in a greased 13 x 9 x 2-inch casserole.
- Combine the green beans and mushrooms in another bowl; spoon over the bread crumbs in the casserole.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and the minced onion.
- Combine the soup and the milk, then pour over the onions.
- Sprinkle the top with the remainder of the bread crumbs.
- Top with a sprinkling of the toasted almonds.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes.