- 24 each mushrooms fresh
- 1/2 cup walnuts or pine nuts
- 2 cups basil snipped, fresh
- 1/2 cup parmesan, parmigiano-reggiano cheese, grated grated
- 4 each garlic cloves peeled
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 x black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a food processor bowl or blender container, Place the oil, chopped nuts, basil, parmesan cheese, and garlic.
- Process or blend until smooth.
- Add pepper to taste.
- Remove and discard stems from mushrooms.
- Clean mushrooms.
- Spoon a rounded teaspoon of pesto into each mushroom cap.
- Place a walnut half or several pine nuts atop each.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until hot.
- Drain on a paper towel.
- Serve warm.