- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 each garlic whole head, cloves seperated, peeled, chopped
- 3 tablespoons flour, all-purpose
- 3 cups chicken broth or canned low-salt broth
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper or to taste
- 1 x parsley leaves or chives, fresh, chopped, for garnish
- Over medium heat, add garlic to butter and saute until golden, about 3 minutes (don't brown).
- Add flour and stir until mixture is just golden, about 2 minutes.
- Add stock and bring mixture to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- Stir in caynne.
- Garnish and serve.