red bell peppers fresh anaheim chilies jalapeno chilies chicken breasts salad oil onion garlic cumin fresh cilantro lime juice salt corn tortillas lime wedge salsa nonfat yogurtViewed: 15 - Published at: 6 years ago
- 2 red bell peppers (about 12 oz. total)
- 2 fresh anaheim chilies (California or New Mexico, about 8 oz. total)
- 4 -5 fresh jalapeno chilies (3 to 4 oz. total)
- 1 13 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon salad oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced (about 8 oz.)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon cumin seed
- 12 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- salt and pepper
- 12 warm corn tortillas (6 or 7 in. round) or 12 low-fat flour tortillas (6 or 7 in. round)
- lime wedge
- plain nonfat yogurt
- Stem and seed bell peppers and Anaheim and jalapeno chilies.
- Cut bell peppers and chilies into thin slivers about 3 inches long.
- Cut chicken crosswise into thin slices about 3 inches long.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a 10 to 12 inch frying pan over high heat, add chicken and stir-fry until chicken is opaque throughout, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove chicken from pan.
- Return pan to high heat.
- Add remaining oil and onion, garlic and cumin; stir-fry 1 minute.
- Add bell peppers and chilies and stir-fry until they begin to wilt, about 2 minutes.
- Return cooked chicken to pan and stir in cilantro, lime juice and salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour chicken mixture into a bowl.
- To assemble each taco, fill a tortilla with chicken mixture.
- Squeeze a lime wedge over the filling and add salsa and yogurt to taste.